Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Respect The Greens

I was very excited to see the new uniform concepts. Ive seen " old salts " get damn near misty eyed when speaking of the dress khaki, and it is a sharp looking uniform, to be sure. But if the Navy wants to make a commitment to tradition, it should save the aviation greens. I waited for 20 years to wear them, and when I made chief, that's what I did. It is , without a doubt, one of the sharpest looking uniforms out there, but the fact that they are treated essentially the same as utilities, due to being called a " working uniform " I'm sure had a lot to do with chiefs and officers in aviation commands not wearing them. So if you want to go " throw back " how about making some changes to the wearing of the aviation greens and keep them from going the way of beards and tattoos? - ATC (AW/NAC)Mark Mills (RET.)

No comments: